We have a REAL garden!!! Everything is planted!
We planted the garden less then 2 weeks ago and things are already starting to look amazing! I am SUPER pumped! This week I made cute little signs that say what each thing is for the garden. Here is the list of things we are growing: Lettuce, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and then we have a variety of herbs 🙂 Thanks to my fantastic hubby who helped plant things with me. We are so far succeeding. We think we have something that may have eaten our cucumbers 🙁 so we may have to put up a little chicken wire, but we will see! Everything else looks great.
Here are a few things I have learned from starting my 1st garden:
1. Use garden soil to mix in with the dirt already present to help with prepare the soil for the plants
2. Let all your grass die 1st before planting – we are now picking out the grass that is growing again.
3. Don’t forget to water, your plants will not feel loved and begin to die.
4. Weed in between the rows to keep the soil healthy.
5. Buy cute wooden sticks to name your vegetables and keep your garden looking pretty!
6. HAVE FUN!
This is our green beans! In less then 2 weeks we went from planted seeds to something green already!!